External Assessor - Adult Placement/Shared Lives (Welsh speaking desirable)
We are currently recruiting External Assessors to carry out and document quality assurance activities in line with City & Guilds and regulatory arrangements.
For more information please see the Task Profile.
External Assessors must be occupationally competent and therefore must be able to demonstrable relevant experience of:
- leading and managing an adult placement/shared lives service, and/or
- leading and managing individuals who support adult placement/shared lives carers, including their recruitment, assessment, approval and induction, and ongoing supervision
- how care agreements support and underpin shared lives placements/arrangements and the role of the Adult Placement/Shared Lives Carer
- leading and managing adult placement/shared lives services or others, wherein individuals being placed are living with:
- Dementia, and/or
- Learning Disability, and/or
- Mental ill-health
- hold (or be working towards) the appropriate assessor qualification (D32/D33 or A1/A2 or TAQA Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement).
Ideally the above will have been undertaken within the context of The Adult Placement Services (Service Providers and Responsible Individuals) (Wales) Regulations 2019 and Statutory Guidance for Adult Placement Services April 2019.
We will consider applicants who have worked in similar services and roles outside of Wales, provided robust CPD concerning the context of service delivery in Wales can be presented.
We welcome interest from applicants who are Welsh speakers.
Training for the role will be provided following the successful review and vetting of your application.
External Assessors are contracted on an annual basis and are not directly employed by the City & Guilds Group, making it an ideal opportunity to become an External Assessor in addition to your current role.
This vacancy may close earlier than advertised should we receive a sufficient number of applications for the role. Please submit your application as soon as possible.