Health & Social Care - External Assessor Vacancy
We are currently recruiting External Assessors to carry out and document External Assessments in line with City & Guilds and regulatory arrangements.
Our External Assessors assess and document learner competence against Qualification Standards either at designated venues or remotely, using the stated assessment methods. As a City & Guilds External Assessor you will need to maintain effective working relationships with our centres and the City & Guilds office. The role is both a challenging and rewarding experience and a great opportunity to use your industry expertise.
Applicants must meet the essential criteria:
- current and credible expertise of working with Health & Social Care qualifications at a minimum Level 4 and 5
- hold the appropriate assessor qualification (D32/ D33 or A1/A2 or TAQA Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement)
- experience of working in a regulated environment
- excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of providing supportive, concise feedback to both learners, assessors and delivery staff
- up to date record and evidence of relevant occupational continuing professional development at levels 4 and/or 5
- flexibility to travel throughout Wales
- awareness of Welsh language and an understanding of Welsh culture, policy and context
Training for the External Assessor role will be provided following the successful review and vetting of your application.
External Assessors are contracted on an annual basis and are not directly employed by the City & Guilds Group, making it an ideal opportunity to become an External Assessor in addition to your current role.
If you would like to apply for the role, please complete the online application with details on how you meet the criteria.