T Level Principal Moderator for Engineering - Fitting & Assembly
Would you like to be involved with supporting the delivery of T-Levels which City & Guilds has been successful in winning for this industry area?
T-Levels are new qualifications to the sector, and this is an interesting time to get involved as we develop things and roll out to Providers.
We are looking for competent Principal Moderators to join us for this qualification area, with interviews taking place over the summer/early autumn.
We believe that diversity and inclusion strengthen and enriches us, and that it is the responsibility of everyone at the City & Guilds Group to drive this value. We work hard to be inclusive in our approach to recruitment and associate opportunities, whilst still ensuring we meet our regulatory requirements. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from diverse and underrepresented communities.
This role will cover the Fitting & Assembly occupational specialisms within the Manufacturing, Processing & Control pathway.
This associate role gives you the opportunity to work alongside your current job, to build additional income with competitive daily rates, and to continue to develop your own skills and development.
As a Principal Moderator you will:
- Produce and submit relevant assessment materials and participate in all stages of the production process until sign off
- Monitor and support an allocated team of Lead/ Moderators, to ensure a standardised and consistent approach to quality assurance, moderation, feedback and processes
- Accompanying Moderators carrying out Provider visits
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Lead/ Moderator training, updates, standardisation sessions and sampling/advisory activities.
- Develop standardisation materials to support Provider marking activity
- Support the Associate Management team with the recruitment, selection and training of new Moderators
- Produce Principal Moderator reports, reporting on trends and issues identified by moderators, Providers and moderator sampling
- Support moderation activity - conduct and document qualification moderation and advisory activities with Providers, in line with quality assurance guidelines
- Carry out your own moderation activities including visits to Providers
- Prepare for and participate in awarding activities to ensure standards of assessments are maintained over time.
Activity will begin in early 2023 for the assessment production, and training for the moderation side of the role in Summer 2023. Moderation activities will begin from autumn 2023.
When completing your application, it is essential you read the person specification fully, and map your application to show where you meet the requirements set out. Please note applications that do not demonstrate meeting the person specification may be declined or delayed. It is also important that you submit a detailed CPD log with your application that demonstrates how you have maintained competency in the industry, not just generic CPD training.
We look forward to receiving your application for this exciting associate opportunity with City & Guilds.
For more information about this role, and to view guidance about completing your application, please visit https://careers.cityandguildsgroup.com/associate-vacancies